Saturday, January 10, 2015

Megan Atkinson's Peanut Butter Cookies

I make two kinds of cookies: the ginger cookies already posted and these. The recipe is from my cousin's wife Megan so I give her full credit. I make a large batch and freeze them so I can have them to make for guests, but my friend Lisz always requests the frozen dough balls and I happily share.

It is intimidating to post a dessert recipe on this family's site--but here they are:

Megan Atkinson's peanut butter cookies

1 cup brown sugar (or 1/2 cup brown, 1/2 white if you're low on brown)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Mix this all together and then add oats and chocolate chips to meet your taste. My cousin says she usually puts in about 1/3-1/2 cup oatmeal and the same for chocolate chips.


1 comment:

  1. I finally made these cookies - they're great! I love the oatmeal. And of course the chocolate chips!!

    ReplyDelete